"I like to move it, move it"
We are moving on to Africa for this week. It is a huge continent that is made up of many different habitats which include sand, rock, water and grass. Let us get to understand some of the animals in Africa.
I have specially created three parts cards and readers in Chinese for this series as it will be easier to teach my kids the things that are associated with these animals since they are already familiar with the names of the animals in English.
Three part cards are sets of cards containing:
- A control card with a picture AND a word
- A card with just a picture
- A card with just a word
There are couple of ways in using them:
1) Matching of animals figurines against animals prints (Suitable for Todders)
2) Matching of animals picture cards and their animals print (Suitable for toddlers)
3) Place the control card on the left. Invite the child to select the respective animal print picture card and place it on the right (beside the control card). Next, select the correct word card and place it below the picture card. There is a control of error in this activity where the child can do self-checking. (Suitable for preschoolers)
CLICK HERE to download the Animal Prints
CLICK HERE to download the Chinese Readers
I managed to find a book from the library that matches our theme.
Book title : Pattern-tastic treasure hunt : Spot the odd one out with nature, Call No : 508 PAT -[BA]
Besides featuring the different types of animal prints, children will also learn the names of different types of animals and select the odd one out from the page (that is different from the rest).
Meanwhile, I also take the opportunity to explain and show video via youtube to my children (age 2 and 4) how these animals prints helps the animals to survive in the wild.
We end the session with the Chinese reader that I have created and dance to the music of I want to move it, move it.
Meanwhile, here is the YouTube of Madagascar.
Contributed By: Preschool Resources
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of Preschool Resources.